Premium Junior (2mm)
Premium Junior is designed as a perfect diet to feed small Koi, as the next stage to feed your fish after feeding Fry Food. It is targeted at Koi between 2 - 4 inches in size. The high protein level of 50% works as a perfect stepping stone for young Koi down from a protein-rich Fry Food diet to a normal Growth food.
Use the same food as the UK's premier Koi Farm!
- Our food range offers complete nutrition for every size of Koi.
- Fed to over half a MILLION Koi a year on our farm alone
- Exceptional growth rates, taking numerous fish to over 50cm at less than 12 months old
- Promotes good body shape
- Brilliant skin quality and vibrant colours
- Hundreds of happy customers (and fish)
- Fantastic value for money
- Feed 2-4 times per day depending on fish size and water temperature and no more than the Koi eat within 5 minutes.
- The smaller the Koi, the more often they need feeding.
- The more you feed, the more waste the Koi will produce, resulting in more water changes/filter cleans required.
- Optimum growing temperature is 23c.
- Remove uneaten feed from the pond in case of overfeeding.
- At water temperatures below 10c Koi have a reduced appetite and slow digestion, therefore feed accordingly.
- Don't feed Koi if the water temperature is below 5c.
Pellet Size Guide
As a rule of thumb, a Koi over 4 inches (10cm) will be able to eat a 3mm pellet. A 6-inch (15cm) Koi will be able to eat a 4.5mm pellet and a 16-inch (40cm) Koi will be able to eat a 6mm pellet. Please see the chart below for a complete sizing guide.
|KOI SIZE (INCHES)||FEED||PELLET SIZE (MM)|
|4 +||PREMIUM GROWTH||3|
|6 +||PREMIUM GROWTH||4.5|
|16 +||PREMIUM GROWTH||6|
Fast, Free Delivery £50
All our Koi Food orders as dispatched via DPD 24 Tracked Delivery. Order before 2pm for next-day delivery. Free delivery on all orders over £50.
Order before 2PM on a Friday, and you can now pay to upgrade your food to arrive the next day.
IngredientsCrude protein 50%, Crude Fat 15%, Crude Fibre 0.5% Crude Ash 6.7%, Phosphorus 0.98%, Calcium 1.8%, Sodium 0.4%. Composition: Fish meal, wheat flour, poultry meal, wheat gluten, poultry blood meal, rape oil, fish oil, yeast products. Vitamins: 3a672a Vitamin A – 11667 IU/kg, Vitamin C (stable) - 360mg/kg, Vitamin E - 240mg/kg, 3a671 Vitamin D3 – 1627 IU/kg. Antioxidants: E310 Propyl gallate – 62 mg/kg, E320 Butylated hydroxyanisole – 62 mg/kg. Trace elements: 3b107 Iron – 43.9 mg/kg, 3b202 Iodine – 3.7 mg/kg, 3b407 Copper – 3.7 mg/kg, 3b505 Manganese – 14.6 mg/kg, 3b612 Zinc – 43.9 mg/kg.
See Our Video
My koi love it, currently feeding premium junior to my fry and Premium Growth to my own fish, such a good food the fish love it.
Started this last week as a carry on from the fry food and the fish demolished it straight from the start fry are doing great really growing fast so delighted with this food
The growth and the size of the fish is amazing on 2mm pellets.